Friday, March 22, 2013

decisions - decisions - decisions

I've never been in this position before
making a decision for one child based on the needs of another

Wait - I am lying - I have
I have asked My to give Al her lollipop
Al had dropped his on the ground
I knew she could recover from a lost candy - he could NOT
With the promise of two pieces of candy when we got home
My would happily give her lollipop up to her brother
Thank God I have a compassionate loving
 first born daughter

Only 21months apart
Al & My 
are very close
makes a Mom smile from ear to ear

This decision feels major today
I am sure I will look back in 15 years and think
Why did I agonize over this for months and months
I wouldn't stop second guessing myself

When a friend told me something amazing

When you have more than one child
one will always need you more than the other
You have to give to the one who needs it
There will come a time when the other
will need you more
and their time will come
and you will be there

I know that My will be successful and thrive
wherever I place her in the garden
Al is going to need something special grow
better light different soil
Keeping them together is more important
for our family

No comments: