Monday, March 18, 2013

to be honest ...

to be honest with you

this whole process began 3 years ago

it started with my daughter's preschool

i had asked a teacher with over twenty years of experience

what she thought about my son - then almost two years old

these concerns continue to my pediatrician

then onto an early intervention service

which found only a very "mild" language delay

i worked my ass off to "catch him up"

dismissed at 3 years old - professional opinions stated - "on track with his peers"

brought more concerns to my doctor

compared and compared and compared him to other children

every child looking for a common thread

i finally had enough last summer - right after his fourth birthday

when i was handed back my money and told my child could not participate

cried

and this is where that story ends and how we began down a new path ...

No comments: