Saturday, June 22, 2013

Gulp-Sigh-Tear-Breathe

I've been struggling with where WE belong

We started our playgroup
 Al sat all alone in the sandbox
the group was much older than I had expected
also with different needs on the "spectrum"
Same Day
Now on to ... gymnastics
Al has moved up from tiny tumblers to boy's level one
all neuro-typical boys
Al is all over the place
can't wait in line - jumping into pits - not following directions
"semi-typical" boy behavior
tough as a Mom to sit on the bleachers and know ...
I can feel what the other parents are thinking
"Wow, that kids is really out of control"
--never mind-- 
They weren't thinking
I actually heard that or something very close to it
being said right behind me
as Al took cuts once again
I want to scream
thanks for talking shit about my kid
sorry your kid had to wait one extra second
because my kid couldn't

I feel stuck
on one hand it's nice hearing that Al doesn't seem autistic
he MUST be very HIGH functioning 
on the other hand --- it sucks hearing that he
"Seems so NORMAL or doesn't
 look Autistic"

He is normal - He is my son

Gulp- Tear -Gulp -Sigh
Breathe -- over it
  

No comments: