Friday, February 19, 2010

baby-bate

My Baby Debate
(my internal/external struggles)
"A boy and a girl...what more could you want?"
I could want a larger family, five according to my husband. However, two and whatever the third might be (perhaps we will get lucky and have a duckbilled platypus) will have to do.
"Where will you put a third baby?"
We will have to build an HUGE addition on our house. God only knows, that no child or duckbilled platypus of mine should EVER have to share a room with their sibling.
"The dreaded middle child syndrome...one will always be left out."
Left out of what?...Barbies, if that's the case Al would rather be left alone with his trucks. Plus, what child doesn't feel left out at some point with or without siblings. Blame life for that...not your sister.
"Three kids? Now, you are showing off."
If you are thinking of having a third child you MUST be able to afford it...show off. Since when are any of us are able to "afford" children? Kids cost an unbelievable amount of money, we make it work and that's what MOST of us do regardless of how much money or children we have.
"Rolling the dice."
Two healthy happy kids, after that we are just playing the odds Vegas style. Is two the allotment for healthy children and the third is a crap shoot?
"Only idiots have three children on purpose!"
Yes, the hubs and I will be outnumbered. Yes, I only have two hands and the last child/billed platypus will have free rein all over Walmart. Yes, I will be insanely crazy and will complain about the chaos and laundry and cooking and cleaning and the...
Yes, I am an idiot.
I can't help feeling I still have one more amazing person to meet. To fill our house and our lives with more noise and chaos...LOVE! Changing our dynamic of a family and not having any regrets on our life together.
Going forth and multiplying
(however...not anytime soon)

3 comments:

Clouse House said...

A third baby, a fourth baby, even a fifth I feel would be a true blessing to you and your family. You just need to follow your heart and a baby will come when it is their time and they choose when that is. We are all here for a reason and I hope if having another little one is the plan it all works out and everyone is happy and healthy in the end!

jodi said...

thank you.

Jennifer said...

I always felt that I was supposed to have 3 but right after Hazel we made the decision to stick with 2...I still have days where I regret that choice. No going back now...Trey was "fixed" when Hazel was 1 month old.
I say, go for it...it'll be tough and may feel like it never ends, but think of the future!