Saturday, January 31, 2009

fancy big boy

My daughter loves and I mean loves Big Boys. Very often when I ask "what should I make for dinner?" her reply is "how 'bout Fancy Big Boys?"
A few weeks ago we surprised her with a trip to Fancy Big Boys, invited grandparents and the whole deal. We didn't tell her Cookie Monster was the guest of honor that evening. We arrived at 5:30; Cookie was suppose to show at 6pm. It was a snowy night and Cookie was running a bit behind...we sat and sat and sat...until almost 7:30pm. Two hours at fancy Big Boys turned into a nightmare; kids screaming and crayons flying. I couldn't take it; we loaded up the kids without so much as a glimpse of the elusive Cookie Late-Ass Monster. As soon as I click her car seat buckle...who parks he's stupid cookie ass car. You guess it, Cookie Freakin-Late-as-All-Hell-Monster. I was so pissed. I looked at my daughter and smiled my best Mommy smile...unloaded her and march into that Big Boys on a mission. I walked up to Cookie Monster handed him my daughter, took a picture, took two prizes because I wanted too and we were out of there.
Feeling proud of what I had done it, success was mine and we had surprise her with a fun special night. My said "Daddy... I really wished that wasn't a pretend Cookie Monster, I wanted a real one that talked to me."
All that waiting and she knew he wasn't real. Unbelievable. We are looking forward to Elmo live this February, I sure hope she falls for it.
The moral of the story...when your Cookie is caught in a blizzard it's best to give up and go to Dairy Queen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved seeing Myla today, she is just a little doll and so sweet and smart!